Saturday, May 19, 2018

Spent Grain Doggy Biscuits

After years of just trashing or composting my "spent" grains after I brewed, I decided I would try making some doggy treats out of it. After doing some research, I found an easy recipe that I could mix up during my boil!

The recipe was as followed;
4 cups of spent grains (straight from the mash tun) *any grains from any beer will work!
2 cups of flour
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter

I put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mixed it up until the concoction was good and evenly mixed. 

I then spread the mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet (next time I'll spray with cooking spray).

Once it was spread out evenly over the entire sheet, I scored into a bunch of little squares.

Preheated the oven at 350 and baked for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, took them out, took a turner and unstuck them from the pan. At that point I turned the oven down to 200 and proceeded to bake for 2 more hours to dry them out more. *you may have to bake longer depending on moister. Try to get them as dry as possible to prevent mold growth when stored.

The dogs love 'em!!!!! I'll be making a batch of these every time I brew! Super easy and, heck, saves some money on buying doggy treats!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment