Sunday, July 1, 2018

BBQ Sauce from scratch!

So I got a burr up my ass to try something new! I thought it would be rad to try my hands at making some homemade bbq sauce. After looking into it and a bunch a different recipes, I found one I thought sounded good and based my creation from it. At the end, I had added and deleted some ingredients from the original recipe, to make it more of what I thought I'd want it to taste like.

My recipe in the end was this:

BIG P's EVENING GLARE BBQ SAUCE

3 c ketchup
1 c bottled french salad dressing

1/4 c Big P's Evening Glare IPA (any beer will work)
1/2 c Franks Hot sauce
1/2 c lemon juice
1/2 c Worcestershire

2 tbsp liq. smoke
2 tbsp garlic pwdr
2 tbsp pepper
2 tbsp chili pwdr
2 tbsp onion pwdr
2 x 1/2 c cider vinegar
1/2 c black coffee
1/2 c prepared yellow mustard
1/2 c molasses
2 tbsp cajun spice ( Zatarains preferred )
4 tbsp paprika
4 tbsp crushed dry chili
3 lg cloves garlic - minced

Combine the whole thing in a heavy pot 
except for 1/2 c cider vinegar.
Reduce on low for 2hrs, stirring every 15 min.
At the very end, add reserved 1/4 c cider vinegar.



This made 1.5 big mason jars full. (about 1.5 quarts)


You won't be disappointed with making this, fully worth the time and effort! Especially if you plan on cooking a bunch of ribs and want to personalize them a bit! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment