Sunday, August 5, 2018

First Brew (Encinitas Brewery)

The first brew in the new garage is in the books! 
After almost 2 months of not brewing because of moving and whatnot, I was finally able to brew my first batch! It's about time because I just ran out of my previously bottled homebrews!

So I decided on doing a 10 gallon batch of an easy drinking "BMC" type beer, I'm calling it my Encinitas Blonde.
Set up was pretty easy! 
Forgot to pull out the folding table, so I had to improvise!
Hit my mash temperature dead on! 
This was a 90 minute mash @ 152*
The boil was also 90 minutes.
 There was only 1 hop addition to this recipe, 1oz of Crystal and 1oz of Williamette @ 60 minutes.
The 10 gallons were split into 2 carboys... I pitched one with Safale 05 and one with the new 
WLP090 San Diego Super Yeast!
This new yeast is basically WLP001Cali Yeast on steroids! Its suppose to ferment super fast and clean up beautifully! (as of today, I'm 4 days into fermentation and both are still bubbling away!)
Really looking forward to see  the out came of this yeast compared to the Safale 05!
With the move, the Keezer has been dry but has now found it's permanent home! The only bright side of having no beer is that I get to ferment in my keezer! So the 2 carboys are sitting in there fermenting at a controlled 68 degrees!!!


Planning on a 17 day primary, 3 day secondary (with Gelatin), then racked to kegs and cold crashed for 3 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment